Challenge: The Watermark Group is a financial services company comprised of four entities: Watermark CPA Group, Watermark Wealth Management, Watermark Ventures, and Watermark Foundation. The Watermark Group occupied office space at the Precedent in Indianapolis for six years. The company’s steady growth had maximized the capacity of an inefficient existing space that was no longer meeting the needs of Watermark’s employees and clients. However, Watermark was satisfied with their location and wanted to explore a redesign and layout to better accommodate their growing organization.
Strategy & Solution: Carmen and Watermark developed a list of criteria and priorities by which to evaluate and compare the options of redesigning their space versus relocation. A concise redesign of the space, including a layout to accommodate additional work stations, redesigned conference and break areas, and updated floor and wall coverings was commissioned. Carmen then surveyed the market for optimal relocation options and evaluated the economics of a move.
Carmen’s survey of the market uncovered cost effective space options in their desired location. These options best suited Watermark’s needs over a redesign of their current space, and allowed for additional growth while reducing facility costs.
- Reduced Watermark’s facility-related costs by nearly 20%
- Negotiated expansion rights on additional space to increase square footage by 50% during the term of the lease
- Upgraded facilities from a Class B office building to a Class A while reducing costs
- Oversaw and executed on new build-out designed specifically for Watermark’s needs
- Schott Design – facility planning
- RJE – office furniture supplier
Curious about our philosophy? Carmen is committed to serving to only the tenant, not the landlord, when we guide your search for or renegotiation of office space. Learn more about why we’re different than traditional brokers below: